Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Angel

I watched you quietly, gazing into your face illuminated by the soft moonlight. Together, we bear the silence which rides through the melodies of the night. You light a cigarette, the smoke fogging up the clear night. I stare at the flames, seemingly hypnotized.

Time slumbers on and stands still, seemingly waiting for us, for a moment. Both of us were filled with the unspoken, the emotions that my soul was desperately trying to convey. Yet, the silence embraces the very breath we take.

Your face remains implacable. Desperately, I try to gauge for your psyche, for reasons that I had longed to pry from your iron clad fist. But I fail miserably. The walls remained staunch, forever my obstruction. I  continually swim the dark pools of abyss that is you.

Despite the chill, I feel your warmth beside me, the bliss of it all smothering me with its grace. My sanity wavers, surrendering.

The night traverses on and I watch every second fall like the rain. Tears are necessary and they fall. Your hand slides over to my tears. I close my eyes, feeling myself sink into the moment. I grasp you hand, my lifeline, my destruction. I know my death is imminent. It is near.

For when the first dew of the sunrise appears, I know, I'll be left alone, withering, craving, searching for your phantom beneath these skies.



3 comments:

donmoda said...

you're a poet too! and such deep thoughts and longings. i like this post dyan :)

good to know your muse is back :)

Unknown said...

Wow Ate Dyan! You've got great sense for literature. I kinda suck at poems. Well, not really. I suck because I can't write the way you do. :)) For the fact that you write with witty and "cryptic" words make you awesome! Keep it up.

Thank you for following me. Can I call you ate Dyan since you're more ... uhm, mature than me. Hehe! I followed back. :)

http://chainmyeveryday.blogspot.com/
Caryl from I <3 Books :)

zihrio said...

Don, well its still leaving me every now and then hehe. :) Thanks much for appreciating. :)

Caryl, thanks for the comment. And yup, no problem with calling me Ate..I love your writing skills actually :) And great job on your Mathematics heehee..